Enjoy these light and fluffy souffles for a delicious breakfast or brunch!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 Tbsp Rumiano Organic Butter
- 2 Tbsp Rumiano Organic Grated Parmesan
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tsp flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Rumiano Organic Medium Cheddar
- pinch cayenne pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- pinch salt
Heat oven to 375° F. Grease one 16-ounce or two 8-ounce ramekins with 1 tablespoon of Rumiano Organic Butter. Coat with Rumiano Organic Grated Parmesan, then tap out the excess. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt the remaining butter. Stir in the flour and cook 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce boils, 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the Rumiano Organic Medium Cheddar cheese until melted. Blend in the cayenne and nutmeg. Whisk in the yolks one at a time. Set aside.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff (but not dry) peaks form. Stir 1/4 of the egg whites into the cheese sauce to loosen it. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites. Spoon into the ramekins. Bake until puffed and browned, 40 minutes for a 16-ounce soufflé, 20 minutes for two smaller ones. Serve immediately.