This saucy pull apart pizza bread is as tasty as it gets and great to enjoy as a group!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 Tbsp Rumiano Organic Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces pepperoni
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup Rumiano Organic Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Flour for dusting
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 1/4 cup grated Rumiano Organic Mozzarella Cheese
- pizza sauce
Heat butter and oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat until butter melts and foaming subsides. Add pepperoni and cook, stirring, until pepperoni begins to crisp, about 2 minutes. Add pepper flakes and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add parsley stir to combine. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in Rumiano Organic Parmesan cheese. Do not wipe out skillet.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into two even pieces. Working one piece at a time, roll or stretch into an oblong about 8 inches long and 4 inches wide. With a bench scraper or knife, cut crosswise into 12 strips. Repeat with other half of dough.
- Tie each strip into a knot and transfer to bowl with pepperoni/garlic mixture. Toss and fold with your hands until every knot is thoroughly coated in mixture. Transfer the knots to the skillet in a single layer. Drizzle with more olive oil, cover tightly with plastic, and set aside until doubled in size, about 4 hours. Alternatively, refrigerate until doubled in size, 12 to 16 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425°F and adjust oven rack to center position. Unwrap garlic knots. Sprinkle with Rumiano Organic Mozzarella cheese. Transfer to oven and bake until golden brown and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately brush with more extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle lightly with more Rumiano Organic Grated Parmesan. Serve right away with warmed sauce on the side.