Featured Recipe: Gouda and Mushroom Puff Pastry Spirals
- Chef: Rumiano Cheese Co.
- Ready in: cook time: 30 mins
- Complexity: easy
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1/2 cup Rumiano non-GMO Gouda, shredded
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small skillet on medium heat, add olive oil. Once oil is hot, add mushrooms, onion and a pinch of salt. Saute for 5-6 minutes, stirring often. Once the onions are soft and translucent add garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Stir well. Once mushrooms start browning, add dry red wine and cook until the the wine has msotly evaporated and the mushrooms have a thick paste like texture. Add salt and pepper to taste and spoon into a bowl. Set aside to cool.
3. Evenly spread the cooled mushroom mixture onto the puff pastry sheet. Top with shredded gouda cheese. Carefully roll up the puff pastry. Slices the roll into 1/2 inch slices and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and serve.