- Chef: Donna Currie - Cookistry.com
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 radishes, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 ounces Rumiano cheddar cheese, diced
Make sure the beans are well rinsed. There's nothing terrible in the liquid in the can, but it will make the salad look muddy. That's fine if you're making chili, but it's not so pretty in a salad where you want vibrant colors.
Combine all the ingredients (except the cheese) in a bowl and stir to combine. Add the cheese just before serving.
You can make the salad in advance, up to the point where the cheese is added. The cheese will get a little soft if it's added to the cheese the day before.