Almond Milk Caramel Walnuts and Banana Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Chef: Hidemi Walsh
- Serves: 1-2
- Complexity: easy
- 1 small Banana, peeled
- 1/3 cup Chopped Roasted Walnuts
- 6 Milk Caramels, total 1.25 oz.
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 slices Havatti Cheese
- 2 slices Sweet Hawaiian Bread, 1.5 oz. per slice
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, divided
1. Put milk caramels and almond milk into a saucepan. Turn on the heat to medium-low and melt caramels stirring constantly. Then put the walnuts into the saucepan and toss to coat. Turn off the heat, remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside. 2. Slice banana into four lengthwise. 3. In a non-stick skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Put the banana slices into the skillet and cook both sides of banana slices until lightly brown turning once. Take the banana slices out and put on a plate. 4. In the same skillet, melt 1/ 2 tablespoon of butter and add the bread slices to the skillet. Cook the bread slices over medium heat until lightly brown. Take the bread slices out and put on a cutting board, cooked side up. 5. Place banana slices on one slice bread, put the caramel walnuts and cheese slices. Put the other bread slice, cooked side down to close sandwich. 6. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the same skillet. Put the sandwich into the skillet and cook over medium heat swirling occasionally until the bottom side is golden brown. Turn the sandwich, reduce heat to medium-low and cook swirling occasionally until the second side is golden brown and cheese melt.