California Transparency in Supply Chains Act Disclosure
Statement Under the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (SB 657)
Rumiano Cheese Co. (the “Company”) provides this statement pursuant to its obligations under the California Transparency in Supply Chain Act of 2010 (the “Act”). The Act requires the Company to publicly disclose its efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking in its supply chain. The Act’s purpose is to educate the public about human trafficking, empowering consumers through public disclosure to make more informed purchasing decisions.
- Rumiano Cheese Co. is committed to conducting its business in a lawful and ethical manner. The Company is strongly opposed to all illegal and unethical treatment of people, including any act of slavery or human trafficking.
- The Company informs all applicable parties of our commitment to the California Transparency in Supply Act of 2010 (SB 657). The Company does not engage in the verification of product supply chains to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slavery.
- The Company does not conduct audits of suppliers to ensure compliance with company standards against human trafficking or slavery. The Company does not require suppliers to certify that materials incorporated into the product comply with the laws regarding human trafficking and slavery of the country or countries in which they are conducting business.
- The Company does not maintain internal accountability standards and procedures for employees or contractors failing to meet company standards regarding trafficking or slavery.
- The Company does not provide company employees and management, who have direct responsibility of supply chain management, training on human trafficking and slavery particularly with respect to mitigating risks within the supply chain of product.
- The Company does communicate this policy to our employees.
Our current suppliers are primarily located on the western half of United States where more than 90% of our products are sourced. Most remaining products are sourced throughout the United States and imported from producers in Western Europe.