23 November 2016
Featured Recipe: Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Happy Thanksgiving! We've been prepping for the big day here at Rumiano Cheese Co. and thought we would share some of what's cooking in our kitchen: good 'ole scalloped potatoes! These aren't just any 'ole scalloped potatoes because we decided to make them nice and cheesy by adding some Rumiano Cheese. YUM! If you are looking for a last minute dish for Thanksgiving, maybe you will want to give this recipe a try.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened and cubed
- 5 Idaho potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups Rumiano Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 inch pie dish or 8x8 pan with butter.
2. In a small bowl, add cream, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk well.
3. Evenly spread 1/3 of the potatoes on the bottom of the greased baking pan. Whisk the cream mixture and pour 1/3 of it on top of the potatoes. Top with 1/3 of the cheese and dot with a few cubes of butter. Repeat the layers two more times - potatoes, cream, cheese, butter.
4. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover the pan and bake for an addition 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Serve while warm!