Come to work for California's oldest family owned cheese company. The Rumiano Cheese Company is dedicated to the manufacture and distribution of the highest quality cheese. Our main focus is providing our customers with the utmost service and quality that we achieve by exceeding their expectations in all ways. Our success is measured by our loyalty to our employees and vendors and to the success of our customers.
Director of Operations
We are looking for a hands-on yet strategic Director of Operations to join our team - directing plant operations while driving strategic initiatives, continuous improvement, optimizing processes and mentoring team members. The position is based in Willows, California.
- Lead and direct optimum day-to-day plant operations to produce maximum business return; ensure rigor and consistency in planning, scheduling and production tracking
- Responsible for achieving plant production goals while setting the highest standards in product quality, low costs, and customer satisfaction
- Implement strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus; assist in the design and implementation of capital projects
- Develop systems and processes that optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets; formulate and develop operating budget
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup, and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Develop a well-trained and motivated staff by fostering team work and accountability to company
- Stay current with latest production management and industry best practices to help continually evolve our products and business
- Maintain a clean, effective, efficient, orderly and safe plant; direct plant policies and procedures; manage plant safety procedures and reporting
- Confer with department heads to ensure coordination of production, quality assurance, purchasing, planning, administration/human resources, maintenance and shipping
- Collect and analyze data to find waste or overtime and implement continuous improvement
- Proactively monitor, maintain and repair all production equipment and fixed assets including buildings, grounds and storage facilities
- Establish and maintain a positive employee, vendor/supplier, farmer and public service agency relationship
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical or business administration, a 4-year technical degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years in a manufacturing management, preferably in process-oriented operations; 5+ years in a food production environment (ideally in the cheese industry)
- Proven work experience as a plant or production manager; demonstrated managerial experience
- Ability to leverage operational experience to think and act strategically
- Experience with purchasing, production planning, packaging, quality, continuous improvement, maintenance, food processing and food safety practices
- Knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Excellent communication, collaboration, team building, mentoring and people management skills
- Ability to create accountability, lead by example and positively influence others
- High level of integrity and honesty; excellent work ethic and ownership
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, ability to make decisions, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations
- Experience with USDA, GMP’s, SQF, HACCP, OSHA, EHS, and Ammonia
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking a plus)
Rumiano Cheese seeks diversity among our staff and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rumiano Cheese Company is partnering with Northwood Advisors on this search. Northwood Advisors helps growth-minded companies improve decision-making at the heart of their operations through a unique combination of talent acquisition, organizational and people development, consulting projects and access to on-demand business and technology strategists, data scientists, project managers, analysts, engineers and analytical platform.
PM maintenance technician needs to be able to work overnight in a cheese production facility to ensure the machines don’t break down, while performing routine maintenance. If there is a machine issue the technician needs to be able to problem solve to a solution quickly to get production back up and running. Mechanical and electrical skills are utilized to fix most problems on-site.
Position Reports To: Production Manager
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Performs general installations.
- Performs painting, minor plumbing, stoppages and leaks, changing light bulbs and general clean-up.
- Empties trash and recycle bins.
- Moves boxes, furniture and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of electrical and plumbing, copper, galvanized, and plastic pipe; how to use and install each.
- Be able to grease and maintain functioning equipment
- Strong understanding of mechanical operations
Food Safety Requirements/Responsibilities:
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- Monitor and control Quality Standards during production.
- Food Handling/Production experience a plus
- Direct and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of HACCP, SQF 2000 System, Food Safety a plus.
- Basic mathematic skills
- Multi-lingual a plus
- General use of basic tools and power tools.
- Able to operate motorized equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret hazard labels, OSHA warnings and product use instructions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge/experience with carpentry, drywall, painting, plumbing, electrical and/or HVAC systems. Knowledge/experience with chemicals and equipment used in the building maintenance trade. Knowledge of safety measures associated with the building maintenance trade.
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License.
- Fast paced production line environment
- Lifting 10-20+ lbs. consistently throughout day
- Heavy machinery operation
- Exposure to cold (34 – 40 Degrees F) in cold storage
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch; or crawl and talk or hear
- Overtime and Saturday shifts expected; Sunday shifts seldom
- Primarily indoors
- Loud equipment (hearing protection required)
- Occasional exposure to cold in Cold Storage
- Use of Heavy Machinery (Fork Lifts, Pallet Jacks, etc)
The ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience tackling various hardware and software problems. They should be comfortable providing technology solutions to employees and working closely with third party software companies to adopt new technologies and efficiently use existing ones. This candidate should have prior experience working with information technology and understand the latest technology trends to ensure the technology in place is up to date.
- Manage technologies and provide administrative assistance for various systems
- Understand various IT troubleshooting and provide technical support
- Control and monitor data, network access and backup systems
- Negotiate and communicate with third-party software providers for new software's and troubleshooting
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in related field
- Experience in information technology space and solving various software and hardware problems
- Strong technical problem solving and communication skills
- Nav or ERP system implementation is a plus
Production Line Associate
This position is responsible for a variety of duties including check weighing unpacked product, loading packaging machines, labeling packaged product, applying price labels to product, boxing finished product, palletizing of cases, and perform quality checks for labels, packaging material, etc. Required to work and communicate with others to ensure efficient production flow and throughput. A wide variety of duties, listed or not listed on this position description, may be required of this position. Duties and Responsibilities listed may refer to a specific department.
- Fast paced, production line environment;
- Lifting 40+ pounds consistently, depending on position;
- Occasional exposure to cold (34 – 40 Degrees F) in cold storage;
- Standing consistently throughout work shift;
- Occasional overtime (10 hours) during week, with seldom weekends required.
- Primarily indoors;
- Loud equipment (hearing protection required);
- Occasional exposure to cold in cold storage;
- Fast paced production/manufacturing line work.
To apply go to Rush Personnel in Chico. This is a minimum wage position with room for advancement. The hours for this job are either 5:30am-4pm in Prepack and 3:30pm to 2am for Slicing.